Sunday, October 17, 2010

Zucchini Fritatta

This morning a browsing of 101cookbooks.com and a sudden breakfast-jones hit at exactly the same time. As my stomach screamed for something other than the chamomile tea I'd been sipping on while reading my lectures, my Google Chrome showed a dazzling photo of sauteed zucchini with dill weed. It didn't take long for my hands to hit the cast iron skillet, and here goes:

Go to the farmers market and buy: eggs, milk, zucchini, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, red bell pepper, dill weed...

Preheat oven to 350.

With a bit of oil if you like, sautee 1 large or 2 small zucchini chopped in coins.
After a minute, add a handful of diced red bell pepper and turn off the heat.
In a cereal bowl, whisk 4 farm-fresh eggs, a splash of milk (oh how I wish it was raw), a monster pinch of fresh dill weed chopped, some sea salt and some grated hard parmesan.
Take the veg out of the skillet and pour in your whisked up egg mixture. Neatly place the zucchini and pepper in the egg mixture and top with cute pieces of goat cheese.
Cook in the oven for 15-ish minutes. (If you double the recipe which you'll need to if you're feeding more than me and my two currently video game playing boys, cook for 5 minutes longer.)
Pull out, and add some more cheese, then broil until the top gets bubbly and wonderful. (Almost a "that's what she said", so close)

Serve with pears. Why? Because I said so.

Side note: my photos as of late would be a heck of a lot fancier if I hadn't drained my camera battery on a video of me singing - oh nevermind - and then lost the charger. If you know where the charger is and would like to see better quality than camera phone snaps, do help.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those gummie-spiders sitting behind the frittata deliciously? I wish I didn't like candy.

 
At November 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Amy Harrison said...

Those are in fact gummy spiders. They are for guests to enjoy when I'm too lazy to whip up honey macaroons or anything, haha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home