Saturday, December 17, 2011

Product Review: Derma E Fruit Smoothee Facial Cleanser

Company: Derma E Natural Bodycare, American (California)
Product: Fruit Smoothee Facial Cleanser, 175ml
Claims: Natural, Organic, "provides antioxidant benefits", "removes dirt and oil".

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin (naturally occurring component of fat, can be from plants or animals - in this case plants, is a moisturizer), Grapeseed oil, Calcium ascorbate (vitamin C), Sodium lauroamphoacetate (lathering and cleansing agent, considered low risk by EWG, often derived from coconut oil), Sodium cocoyl isethionate (a safe cleansing agent made from fatty acids found in coconut oil), 1,3 propanediol (a humectant, solvent, moisturizer and emulsifier made from corn sugar, note: in other products it may be made from a chemical process on petroleum feedstock - yuck!)Acai berry extract, Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), Cranberry seed oil, Pomegranate seed oil, Citric acid, Xanathan gum, Sodium benzoate (a commonly used salt-based preservative), Phenoxyethanol (an anti-bacterial agent approved by the natural product industry), Potassium sorbate (an anti-mold and anti-yeast agent), Tangerine and grapefruit oils.
Click here for more information on Derma E's ingredients.

Certifications: Recyclable, Not tested on animals.
Price: About $15

My review: First of all, my younger sister (a former cosmetician) has used much more expensive products than this on her face, and she swears this is the best. I tried it purely because I packed only a toothbrush, toothpaste and my raw mascara for a weekend cottage trip and then realized I should have packed more. She said I could use whatever I needed and I was pleasantly surprised at how natural the ingredients are. Right away I was impressed by the citrusy aroma - it is hands down the best-smelling skin care product I've ever used. One small pump was more than enough for a single use. It lathered nicely (considering it's free of the harmful SLS) and left my skin feeling clean and fresh. I was really happy to find a facial cleanser that both works wonderfully and doesn't contain harmful chemicals. This is one I will go back to.

This review has been cross-posted to flaxlash - my new collaborative natural beauty website with make up artist, Brittanie Havens. It is still a work in progress!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home