Thanks to my husband's generous gift of an iPhone 5, I have been snapping nonstop photos of my meals and snacks over the past month.
Sometimes it's hard to conjure up a healthy snack which Ritz crackers, caramel popcorn and ginger ale are at our finger tips and require no imagination. But if our only obstacle is igniting your creativity then I am up to the challenge!
Use some of these suggestions, along with a few photos of things I've eaten recently (or served to Oliver). They range in prep time, cost, flavour preference, and even health-factor, but I love them all.
- A mini whole-grain wrap or pita stuffed with egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad or fresh veggies
- Pita wedges, baked, dipped in hummus
- A hard-boiled egg and cherry tomatoes
- A mug of vegetable soup
- An olive, aged cheddar and fig plate
- Pumpernickle toast with natural peanut butter and dried fruit
- Leftover quinoa/rice/other grain with chopped cucumber and vinaigrette added
- A bowl of oatmeal with maple syrup and walnuts
- A mini pizza on a whole-grain english muffin (toppings: mushrooms, green pepper, pineapple)
- Puffed cereal, edamame and cheddar cheese chunks
- Carrot sticks, kiwi, pickles, trail mix with a peanut-butter and pistachio coated date
- Homemade yogurt with fresh fruit, sunflower seeds and pepitas
- Banana, toasted cashews and mini-muffins
- Lemon poppyseed loaf, mixed fruit
- A slice of flourless dark chocolate cake bathed in mixed berries