Thursday, December 27, 2012

A New Year's Reflection

I did this reflection last year - see here.

What did you create?
  • A whole new extension of our family with the addition of international students into our home (Pedro, Ahmed, Mohammed, Aziz and soon Felipe)

What challenges did you face with courage and strength?
  • Going back to work, part-time
  • Taking a switch to full-time work
  • Returning to the part-time position
  • Other pretty significant, but private, matters 

What promises did you keep? 
  • Like last year, to never text and drive
  • To volunteer in the church nursery
What brave choices did you make?
  • I presented at the YMCA's annual Fitness Jam
What are you proud of?
  • My family
  • My home
  • My choices
What was disappointing?
  • Well, just in the past five minutes: when Oliver threw his pasta all over the floor, when I bent down to clean it up and he threw a spoon at my head, when my pot boiled over on the stove
  • When my blue pants ripped
  • When our car's steering was the worst 
What was scary?
  • Everytime Oliver chokes on food
  • Driving on black ice
  • Sleeping without Cal while his band was recording out of town 
What was hard?
  • Cooking while carrying a toddler
What can you forgive yourself for?
  • Ruining my Blackberry by letting Oliver play with it - and throw it in the toilet
  • Ruining my digital camera by leaving it in my purse - and it turned on and broke the lens
  • Ruining my Keurig by NOTHING - it's just programmed to die after the warantee is up 
The next step is to say out loud, “I declare 2012 complete!”
How do you feel? If you don’t feel quite right, there might be one more thing to say…
It doesn't even feel like a new year.

The final step is to consider your primary focus for the year to come. What is your primary intention or theme for 2013?
To better my career without sacrificing my family life/spiritual health.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home