Friday, November 23, 2012

Magical Breakfast Cream Recipe

You'll never believe it, but I just made a recipe from a weight loss cookbook. NO, I am not trying to lose weight and/or begin a new chapter of my life in which I believe in trendy weight loss diets... but I saw a movie called Midnight in Paris and it got me re-interested in French culture. I'd already read Bringing Up Bebe in which Druckerman suggests exposing your young to strange cheeses and this has been very successful with Oliver. He is now a connoisseur of bries, aged cheddars and even the little gem that Calvin brought home the other day that cost more per gram than most drugs. So that was my experience with popular books that comment on French eating patterns, and I thought I'd give "French Women Don't Get Fat" a try.

The author claims her recipe helps you to drop pounds fast - if you eat it every day for breakfast.

It goes like this:

  • 4-6 tablespoons yogurt (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
  • 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (preferably Meyer or organic)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons finely ground cereal (with zero sugar, such as Post Shredded Wheat)
  • 2 teaspoons finely ground walnuts
Blend.


Well, what'dya know, I had to go and change it. So I did this:

  • Yogurt stayed the same :) - I used PC's Natural line, in vanilla bean
  • I have only capsule flax oil at the moment, so I took a huge leap and added a Tablespoon of peanut butter (ha ha)
  • All out of lemons, so I replaced the juice, and the honey, with a couple of pitted dates for flavour and sweetness
  • I used oats as cereal
  • I used almonds for nuts
And it was good! In fact I lost 9 months halfway through the first serving - kidding. But I actually don't tolerate dairy well in the morning so although I liked the taste I probably won't be whizzing this up again any day soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home