Friday, November 9, 2012

Beauty Secrets from my Best Friends: Part Two

Our next set of tips comes from the very best friend of Jill (see: Part One). Jessica has been mentioned on here before where I directed you to her awesome Youtube channel. She recently travelled to LA for Fashion Week where she was an honoured guest at a major show.
Skin: Rose Salve

I am the type of person who likes to get the most bang for my buck. That’s why I try and use products that do double duty. One of my favorites is rose salve. I put it on everything. Dry lips, elbows, hands, even my nose. It moisturizes while keeping skin healthy and free of chapping.

Accessorize

Fashion is my passion. It goes without saying that the world is my runway and I never miss a beat to pose. While I enjoy playing dress up, on a college budget it can be quite expensive. To keep up with the ever -changing fashion world, I always recommend expressing yourself through accessories and keeping your clothes classic. A black fitted blazer will always be chic, so dress it up by adding a bright scarf or strands of beads. If all you have is a pair of jeans and a white tee, the options are endless with just the right amount of accessories. Choose stores that offer of the moment items at low prices, then you won’t have buyers remorse when it goes out of style


Try It On

This might seem like a no brainer, but so many times I see women buying things without trying it. You should always try. Just because it looks good on the hanger, does not mean it will flatter your figure. You should also take 2 different sizes with you into a change room. Not every stores sizing is the same, so to avoid a pesky sales person as for 2. Also on the flipside, if you see something that looks like nothing you would wear, give it a try, it might be your next favorite closet item.

Find Your Signature

It’s fun to try different makeup looks, but you should have a signature look. For me it’s winged eyeliner and a red lip. I also promote picking a signature scent (mine is dkny delicious) because when you smell and look the way you desire, you will be your most confident self. When you know you look good, you feel good.

Smile

I use to hate getting my photo taken. I never really understood why, until I looked at old photos and realized how miserable I looked in them. Now, I look forward to taking photos because I’m smiling. A smile does wonders for you. It’s warm, approachable and always beautiful. Smile often and you will have a more positive outlook on life.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home