Thursday, January 2, 2014

Another Pregnancy Update

I happened upon this fun pregnancy survey and I DID just get back from a midwife appointment, so really I'm almost obligated to do this for you.

How did you find out you were pregnant?  A pink-style Dollar Store pregnancy test, at about 6 in the morning in my bathroom.
What kind of Pregnancy test did you take?  Ah darn it, I already answered this above! I will add that I paid the $1.07 in basically nickels.
How many?  One! I was already quite far along, the hormones were buzzing!
What were your 1st symptoms?  Feeling grossed out by a number of foods, and feeling queasy in the morning.
Who did you tell first?  My Calvin. Then no one for a week or two. Then our families and close friends.
Who was with you when you found out?  By myself for the first view of the 2 lines, but I walked over and told Calvin (who was sleeping) about 15 seconds later.
My 1st reaction:  Hurray!
Was your baby planned?  More by God than us, but I had just gotten my lady-cycles back after a long bout of pregnancy & breastfeeding.
When was the baby conceived?  I should not be the one to explain this to you! But it was early May and I don't know any specifics.
How far were you when you found out?  I actually think I was almost done the first trimester!
How did your parents react?  They were so happy. We were eating at a Thai restaurant and we wrote it in a card to my sister.
My baby
Due Date:  January 26th, 2014.
Do you know the sex?  Nope! Not even a faint idea.
Any names?  We know his or her last name will be Harrison.
Any Ultrasounds?  Two -- early one for dating since I didn't know how far along I might be. Another one around 18 weeks for anatomy scan.
Have you heard the heart beat?  Many times. Today the heart rate was about 160.
Who do you think it will look like?  Likey Oliver.  
Will the baby have siblings?  At least one.
Have you felt the baby move?  Dumb question.
Miscellaneous
Did you have morning sickness?  "Sickness" seems like an over-exaggeration. I never threw up.
Did you have any cravings?  I've been kind of thinking I haven't had many cravings but when I really think about it: yes. Very tart/sour apples, condiments, salty anything but especially pickles, vinegar even when it's not appropriate, smoothies, peanut butter, buttered toast... Okay, this is just a list of things I always crave even when I'm not pregnant.
Did you have any mood swings?  Calvin would say yes. My best and most memorable is when I called over to the kitchen "Hey do you wanna stop at Arby's before we get on the highway? I'd really love a roast beef sandwich." and he said "Oh, I just started making us lunch. Maybe another day." and I burst out crying. Like sobbing.
Are you a high risk pregnancy?  Nope.
Any complications?  Nope.
Formula or Breastfeeding?  Breastfeeding all the way! I actually think if I medically couldn't do it I would hire one of my friends to do it for me.
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  Bedroom paint? That's pretty much it.
When did you start to show?  I think around 14, I don't know.
How long could you wear your regular clothes?  I am wearing all regular clothes today but it's hit or miss. Tights always work.
Will you keep the baby’s clothes?  Here's the plan: everything that gets stained becomes a quilt patch. I'll save babe's clothes until Cal and I have a good chance to chat about whether we'll try for a 3rd or be done. If we decide our family is complete, I'll give them all away. Or if we decide right away that 2's enough and this one is a girl I'll get rid of Ollie's real boy-ish stuff (or, again, quilt-ify).
Home or Hospital?  A mix, ha ha. I don't wanna explain.
Natural or Medicated birth?  Mega-uber-natural.
Who will be in the delivery room with you?  Calvino, midwife, and our moms and my sisters are welcome to come visit if they want.
Do you think you will need a C-section?  No!
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time?  I'm not sure! I didn't the first time but I think I was in shock or not fully present. I'm not a crier but I do think I might.
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby?  Hello little one! 
Will you let anyone video tape the birth?  It would be really cool to have some videos to look at. I don't want like a full-view National Geographic one though.
Are you excited?  I really am!
Who will help you with the baby after the birth?  Every person ever, right guys? I'm putting in my requests now: I want all my pals to bring me freezer meals!
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?  People feeding me extra.
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?  The discomfort.
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?  Amaretto, raw tuna sushi, normal jeans.  
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?  Sometimes I wish I was already at my due date.
Are you ready for a baby?  There are a few things that would make me more ready: finishing the packing of my hospital bag, buying newborn diapers, putting the crib back together, picking a name, installing the car seat base.
Do you have insurance?  Yes.
How many kids do you want?  Two or three.
Do you talk to the baby?  Yep.
Do you still feel attractive?  In a different way, but yes I do!
Have you had your baby shower yet?  There isn't one planned.
Do you like kids?  Yes, but I really, really, really like my own kids.
How far along are you now?  Full term this weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home