Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sample Source Unboxing April 2015

Oliver was happy to help me film an "unboxing" video today. We get boxes from Sample Source every so often and it's always fun to see what's inside. Oliver describes it as "gift for our whole family."

As described on their website - SampleSource members get the chance to "try before you buy" - with free samples from top home, health, makeup, and food products.You just register, answer questions about what you like and then wait for them to email you that a box is available.

You can watch the video below and then read our thoughts after that!



Jergens Shea Butter Moisturizer: We definitely prefer more "natural" moisturizers. If this one is meant for sensitive skin that could mean we're free and clear of the usual fragrances, etc. This may be a "give it away" product for us. We'd rather just use coconut oil.

Brookside Chocolate Covered Fruit: This stuff is super yummy but it's not as healthy as it's cracked up to be. As I say in the video, it's just fruit juices covered in chocolate, not real fruit pieces. Still a nice snack though, and probably contains at least some antioxidants. I love little packs because it helps me not eat a week's worth at once. And the company is great: last year I had a big bag of these and the bottom was covered in broken pieces, almost a dust of product that had been crushed. I emailed them and they immediately sent me a cheque (haha, yes a cheque!) to pay for me to get more product at a nearby store. They were so good about it, and really I wasn't expecting anything I just wanted to tell them about a potential issue. It's nice to find good customer service out there.

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Toothpaste: LOVE that they use baking soda in their products, HATE that it's a fluoride-containing toothpaste. For that reason I won't give it to my kids.

Breathe Right Strips: How awesome to find a practical solution to a problem, that doesn't use chemicals or surgery! Hello! I'm excited to see how these work for either Calvin, or myself when I have a cold. Less noise during the night = sleeping win.

Sunlight Dishwasher pucks: We might store these away for a desperate time when we've run out of our usual and can't get a new pack asap, but we are obsessed with Miele dishwashing pucks! They are the best!

Burt's Bees cotton extract moisturizer: Otttherrr than being purchased by Clorox a few years ago, I do love Burt's Bees. Generally good ingredients, cute packaging, and overall a better choice than many of the brands out there. The sample size is a little random because once you open it you can't reseal but it's way too much for just moisturizing my hands once.. I guess I'll need to find a group to share with or cover my whole body after a shower.

Everyday Exotic Basmati Rice: I am looking forward to cooking this! Both jasmine and basmati rice make the whole house smell yummy when you cook them. They go great with more "exotic" dishes like butter chicken. This package requires 1 1/4 cups of water and apparently makes 4 servings (unlikely).

Robax Platinum pain reliever: Certainly doesn't hurt to have this on hand for all of the projects we have planned for this summer (seriously: a fence, back stairs, 3 raised garden beds, a shed -- we will be busy).

Emergency C Orange: I love these 'juice crystals' for the times you think a cold might be coming on and you want a huge dose of vitamin C. Also an awesome options for people struggling with iron deficiency to take a package before an iron-containing meal like steak, for example, because it'll help you absorb the iron better. Also super yummy, kids like them.

Coupon for free Gluten free Catelli pasta: I've already texted a photo of this to my dad because he'll be the recipient of this.

Ziploc vacuum bags: Okay, so I've figured out that you use your own vacuum to suck the air out and therefore make storage easier (like, less than half the space). This'll be great for hats and mitts that we don't need during the summer. (PS It's April 21st and snowing like crazy. Love you Ontario.)

Soft soap coconut body wash: It can't hurt to throw this in a travel bag in the future. For some reason I have a hard time using sample packages for body wash at home, when I know they'd come in so handy on the road. But then wherever we go they provide body wash, so they just build up... Body wash problems.

Hawaiian Tropic SPF 30: Smells great! I do prefer to use Green Beaver sunscreen because it's super natural but like I said above, it's nice to have a little pack up sitting around the house for the times when you just run out but can't get to a store asap.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home