Thursday, August 13, 2015

James' Story of Redemption & Sobriety

My cousin James has been going through a total transformation over the past year and I really wanted to share his story with you.






Hello my name is James Klassen and I am a product of grace. This year God found His way back into my life in a huge way. Over the years being out of high school I was hanging with the wrong crowds, hurting people in broken relationships and moving to BC to avoid the mess I made at home. 

Through out the last 5 years I found myself caught up in drug addiction to smoking marijuana and in the last two years using cocaine. I was spiraling out of control and gave my saviour no chance to take the reins. Until last summer in August. 

Now at this time my immediate family knew about the addictions and was doing everything they could to help. But it took me hitting absolute rock bottom, only to find God being the rock. And He was waiting for me to hit him! So our prayers were answered and I got accepted to Teen Challenge in Chiliwack, BC. It was in this program where my heart, soul, mind and strength were completely transformed by the love of Jesus Christ. I witnessed lives that were so broken and lost, FOUND! And completely restored. For once in 24 years of knowing about Jesus I got to know Him as my personal saviour. And built a foundation in God's word and the truth of redemption. 

I am now going into my 12th month completely sober! I have a story of God's glory that is being used weekly that testifies to His mercy and love for the broken. The Lord has restored countless relationships that at times felt had no hope. I have been blessed with continued full time work with with my dad while starting a side business in fencing and filming weddings.

God had enormous plans for me to get out there and serve. I have never been so confident and clear on His call for me to attend YWAM and full time seek the presence of Jesus!

So I got accepted to YWAM'S engage discipleship training school for January 2016. The program is based out of Kona Hawaii, where I will be joining a movement of Christ followers that are passionate about going deeper with Christ and going into the world to serve others in need! It is a 6 month program, 3 months lectures and getting equipped and than 3 months out reach. the broken. The Lord has saved me and can save you as well. God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home