Monday, October 19, 2015

Feeding a Crowd: Taco Salad Bar


Since the newest season of Survivor started, a group of us have started kind of a "supper-and-Survivor club" every Wednesday evening. We get together around 6, have a big meal, and then tuck into a new episode, which ultimately ends in a long discussion about who went home and why and what's going to happen next. 

The week before last the club was hosted at my house so we put out a simple taco salad bar. Honestly, it's an incredibly easy meal for a crowd as long as you're okay with a bunch of chopping.

We set out:
- Ground meat (I used uncased sausage because it's delicious)
- Mixed greens 
- Nacho chips
- Salsa (can you believe I used grocery store salsa when I just made my own batch of homemade?)
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Corn
- Beans
- Diced bell pepper
- Diced onion
- Mashed avocado
- Lime
- Ranch dressing
- Hot sauce

Correct me if I've forgotten anything in the photo.

It's a perfect meal because everyone can customize, and, it's awesome for gluten-free, dairy-free, even vegan diets. Everyone can make their plate to their liking. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home