Monday, November 29, 2010

Fennel Carrot Soup from 101cookbooks.com

I saw this online (http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/carrot-and-fennel-soup-recipe.html) and quickly rushed home to make it. If you'd like to do the same, see my adaptation here:

1 fennel bulb
1 large carrot
A few cups stock
1/2 cup brown rice

Slice the fennel into thin ribbons. Allow to soften on medium heat in a tablespoon of oil.
Chop the carrot into thick coins and add to the saucepan. Season with sea salt (I had used up the last of my fresh garlic so I used my dehydrated garlic-infused salt.)
After a few minutes, add stock and rice. Bring to a boil, then turn down and let simmer, covered.
(While you wait, take out the recycling! You know I've... uh, you've... been meaning to do so for a few weeks now!)
When rice is cooked (35 minutes?) turn off heat. Stir in a few tablespoons of freshly juiced orange.
Top with parmesan cheese.
Forgive me for the cell phone photo?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home