Thursday, November 25, 2010

GF Shortbread Recipe

Guest blogger: Rose Goertz... my mom!

So simple, yet so delicious!

1 cup butter **
2 cups gluten free flour mix (recipe to follow)
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 300degrees.
Cream butter until soft, add in flour and sugar until smooth. Voila... that's it!


** I found this amazing Butter-Vanilla extract by Lorann Professional Kitchen. I added a splash of this in case it wasn't buttery enough already.


The gluten free flour mix that I make and use for a ton of different recipes is something I call Grandma's Flour Mix:
4 cups white rice flour
1 1/3 cup potato starch flour
2/3 cup tapioca flour
2 Tbsp xanthan gum

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2011 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Can I use maize starch instead of potato starch?

 
At September 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Amy Harrison said...

I haven't seen any that would be quite the light, fluffy texture of potato starch, but if you have - it's worth a try! At least if it goes wrong you won't have wasted that many ingredients.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home