Tuesday, March 29, 2011

GF Cheddar Biscuits

I am home sick from work today and by home I mean at my parents' house. Calvin is writing an important test for work (something to do with banking?) and then off to Toronto (something to do with a concert?). While he's away, and Mom isn't home from work yet, Angela is taking care of me and she's doing so by making "chicken noodle soup." While she works on that, and in between me needing a couch-lie because my stomach is so unsettled, I am whipping up some gluten free cheddar biscuits.

Before you get started, review how to make gluten-free flour mix here:

http://myideaofhappiness.blogspot.com/2010/11/gf-shortbread-recipe.html

Recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Add 1 T lemon juice to 1 c cold milk to make a fake buttermilk.
3. Whisk together
  • 2 c GF gluten free flour mix
  • 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp each: baking soda, sugar, salt
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
4. Pour 1/2 c melted butter or margarine into the soured milk, then pour those both into the dry ingredients. Mix all together.
5. Scoop in large clumps (16 or so in total) onto a greased cookie sheet or two.
6. Bake 10 minutes.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home