Thursday, January 24, 2013

Homemade Brow Gel

The secret to a nice eyebrow is undoubtedly the use of brow gel. It sets the shape and keeps everything neat.

But, it often contains weirdo ingredients that are definitely not of natural origin. Just read this list of ingredients from a popular brow gel:

WATER/EAU/AQUA, VP/VA COPOLYMER, ALCOHOL DENAT., PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CARBOMER, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), CARMINE (CI 75470), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

There are 8 ingredients that it "may contain"? No thanks.

After scouring the internet for a homemade brow gel recipe ("DIY brow gel" just tells you to use clear mascara... same problem) I finally have a solution.

Ready?




Plain aloe vera.

I refilled an old E.L.F. brow gel container which is double-sided and only cost me $1. I'll admit I used, and liked, the product. But if you want to be really strict with how natural your cosmetics are, and need a case for your aloe vera, you could just buy this and empty it out. That would be cheaper than buying an empty container. A mascara tube would work too.

So I filled the empty container, carefully, with aloe vera gel on both sides. Then I simply apply it to clean brows by combing through. I apply brow pencil after the gel (as per a suggestion by my should-be-a-supermodel friend, Jac) and I love the result.

Aloe vera as brow gel stays all day, does a great job, and ultimately leaves your face is better shape than it was before! What an awesome solution! At about $6-8 for a huge jar, it's a steal.

Try my idea today!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 25, 2015 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the idea! How about adding color to it ?

 
At October 19, 2015 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Amy Harrison said...

Love this idea. I wonder what natural pigments would work - finely ground espresso?

 
At July 30, 2017 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Millie Watts said...

Wow! I never even thought that this could be made at home. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome idea. I've found some really great clear mascaras on this site so I'll link it here :)

 
At March 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

While menu planning for more than ten people and figuring out where an entire assortment of extended relatives will sleep are certainly toward the top of that list, the clear winner for sheer difficulty always seems to be finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list. vday store

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home