Thursday, April 10, 2014

Broccoli white cheddar twice baked potatoes recipe

That darn photo of potato skins wouldn't get out of my head. I thought about it all day long. Food does that to me: preoccupies my mind. What's for dinner? Heck, what's for snack right now? How can I transform these groceries into something I'll remember?

So I made a slightly healthed-up version of the potato skins I'd been fantisizing about. A good dosing of broccoli and a switch from frying to broiling did the trick. 

And yes I ate them at 5:01pm because that's the exact right time to eat a dinner you've been craving for hours.

 

3 medium potatoes, I used yellow fleshed
3 tsp butter
1.5 cups broccoli
3oz white cheddar cheese 
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400F. 
Bake potatoes, whole, for 50 minutes. Let cool or be a superhero and handle them sizzling.
Cut open into halves and remove all potato flesh (leaving the skin intact) then spread 1/2 tsp butter on each. 
Switch the oven to broil mode and let heat. 
Meanwhile steam broccoli in boiling water or the microwave for 2 minutes, until a little soft and very green. 
Broil potato skins for 4 minutes. Don't let them burn.
Meanwhile, mix potato flesh with broccoli (drained of liquid and chopped) and cheese (shredded or finely cubed) plus salt and pepper. Mash out large clumps. Cheese will melt. 
Pull out skins and fill with broccoli mixture, dividing equally. It's okay if they seem over-filled. 
Broil again until barely golden, about 5 minutes.
Feel free to serve with sour cream to dip but these taste great as is!

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Yum! I made these last night because I couldn't wait to try them, just with marble cheese instead of white cheddar because that's what I had, and they were delicious! Thanks for sharing! I love your blog :)

 
At June 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Amy Harrison said...

So glad you liked them (and the blog), Sarah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home