Friday, May 8, 2015

My sister, the brilliant

I've always laughed at the stereotype that the oldest is the brightest/ most ambitious/ biggest go-getter of the family. Not when you're the eldest over two clever & charismatic women... one of which is my dearest Angela Rose.

Angela graduated with a Masters in Occupational Therapy from Western University (where I went as well). She received the gold medal award for her top marks. She went on to be chosen for an incredible job with an Assertive Community Treatment team that is associated with the mental health facility that I work for.

Angela is a perfect example of a mental health advocate. She is constantly striving to change people's perception about mental illness. She is a one-woman stigma-fighting machine! 

Just last month she was nominated - AT AGE 24! - for a Champion of Mental Health award from the Canadian Mental Health Association. Together we attended the "Breakfast of Champions" ceremony which featured incredible food, great networking, and an inspiring talk from Mariel Hemingway (granddaughter of the beloved writer, Ernest). 



Congratulations Angela! I'm so proud to call you my sister. Every, every, every day you are changing lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home